If you have got an iPhone which is above iPhone X then you might have noticed that it has not been equipped with Touch ID sensor that lets the phone to detect the faces automatically and act as a protection layer which is known as FaceID. FaceID is actually a facial recognition system that has been developed by Apple Inc. for it’s many devices which include iPhone and iPad etc. FaceID is based on the facial recognition sensor that has got two parts a dot projector module and an infrared camera. The dot projector module projects more than 30,000 infrared dots on the face of the users and the infrared camera reads the patterns.
Setting up a FaceID is very easy and simple procedure and within no time the setup process will be completed. In order to setup FaceID on your iPhone you need to follow these simple steps.
- In order to set up Face ID you are required to first set a passcode for your device which you can be done by going to Settings>FaceID & Passcode>Passcode.
- Now you need to to select whether you want a four digit or a six digit passcode.
- Once the passcode is set now you can go to the Face ID & Passcode page. Now you are required to enter your passcode and then tap on the Set up Face ID option.
- Now the instructions for registering your face will show up and you need to follow them.
You can also set up an alternative Face ID for your partner for unlocking your device when you need. To do this you need to follow these steps.
- First of all go to Settings>Face ID & Passcode and then enter your passcode.
- Now you need to tap on the ‘Set Up an Alternate Appearance‘.
- Now you need to follow the onscreen instructions for registering your partners face.
Face ID can work with scarves, hats, contact lenses, glasses and various sunglasses. But remember it won’t work with masks so in this pandemic era you will not be able to unlock the phone by using this feature.